M+K

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Korben

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Frankie

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lola

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

I want to find:

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our visit to the hospital...

Tuesday night, October 12...
When I got home from school, Mike told me he was having some pain in his lower right abdomen. He said it wasn't too bad though, so I told him to let me know if it got any worse. Of course, it got worse at 1:30 in the morning!! He woke up with quite a bit of pain and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and tried a couple of tests on him that I learned in Nursing school. They were positive for appendicitis. So, off to the ER we went!

Mike's WBC count was 13,700 (a little high) so they decided to admit him and have the surgeon take a look at him. We were in a hospital room by 3:30. Mike's pain went away a little and we were both exhausted so we tried to catch a little bit of sleep (nearly impossible in a hospital!). The surgeon came in about 9:30 and said Mike would be heading to surgery right then. I asked if I could watch the surgery. The Dr. said "Oh yeah, I heard you were a Nursing student. That's wonderful." So about getting to watch the surgery? "No. No way." A girl has to try, right?!?! Mike was transported downstairs and was in surgery by 10:45. It took about an hour and went very smoothly. He was out of recovery and back in his room by noon!

The nurses and doctors were all wonderful! Mike spent Wednesday night in the hospital and got to come home Thursday morning! We're very happy it all went well and that we caught it before he had a ruptured appendix. He is healthy again and happy... except for the part where his Dr. said he is done with softball for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment